Thursday, July 5, 2007

Still a country girl at heart

So tonight I had to drive out of the city to drop some VBS stuff off for someone and they happen to live out in the country. Driving out there I had the AC on but after I had gotten out of the vehicle I smelled fresh mown hay....mmmmmm! On the way back into the city, I then took the long way around with both windows down smelling the fresh air... full of smells of fresh cut hay, canola flowers, along with that bit of a swampy smell from ponds. It was wonderful....the blackbirds were singing all along the side of the road making a wonderful symphony of noise! It really made me miss living on the farm back in Kelowna tonight. It is really too bad that you can't bottle that fresh country smell. I would have jars and jars of the stuff in my house and sniff it to my heart's delight whenever I missed the farm. Living in the big city has a lot of good points and normally when I am in the middle of the city, I don't feel like I miss the country at all. Now don't get me wrong, I am happy in Calgary, but tonight for awhile, I really missed BC and the farm. If I had the opportunity to choose to live anywhere I wanted, I would pick the open country (yes, bugs and all) anyday....hands down.

No comments: